Brewing at home essentials : Aeropress Coffee Brew Guide
The Inverted Method:
There are other recipes that don't involve inverting the AeroPress, using different steep times, varying methods of stirring, stirring multiple times during the brew, brewing a concentrated extraction then diluting it, and so forth. We encourage you to experiment and hope our recipe will help you achieve AeroPress excellence.
We use a 1:15 brew ratio (1 gram of coffee per 15 grams of water)
|Water Volume:||Coffee Weight:|
What You’ll Need:
- AeroPress brewer
- AeroPress filter
- Your Favourite Mug
- Scale (recommended)
Perfectly Brewed in Two minutes.
- Begin with your plunger slightly inserted into the Aeropress coffee maker. Place it upside down and leave the filter off.
- Weigh out the correct amount of coffee and grind it medium/fine. (Slightly finer than drip coffee)
- Bring your water to 95°F.
- Rinse your filter over your mug. Discard water.
- Add coffee to your Aeropress.
- Pour water up to the top of your Aeropress
- At 1:00 min gently stir and put filter on.
- At 1:30 mins flip onto mug and start pressing the plunger down slowly. Finish the plunge at 2:00 mins. Stop when you hear the hissing noise.
- Discard coffee, and rinse Aeropress.
- Enjoy your freshly brewed coffee!